The Historical Channels map captures changes in estuary channels between 1929, 1951, 1964  and 2007 through air photo analysis . It also summarizes missed opportunities from “Comox Harbour – A Plan for Conservation“ a report by Ted Burns published in 1976. (The map was create per 2012 when we were still referring to the Estuary as the Courtenay River Estuary)