To Sign Up Click Here!
Project Watershed has been working to rehabilitate lost saltmarsh habitat near the Courtenay Airpark Lagoon. Last summer we constructed two new saltmarsh islands just outside the lagoon and a saltmarsh bench inside the lagoon. These areas are now ready to be planted with native vegetation. We have donor stock to collect and plant, as well as over 4,000 individual nursery plants that need to be transplanted into these locations. Planting is a fun outdoor activity for families and individuals, and no experience is necessary – we’ll teach you how to plant at the event.
We have also chosen the Airpark Lagoon as a clean up location. We will be picking up garbage around the lagoon as well as collecting and planting salt marsh in the area.
- Wear sturdy shoes and preferably something that can get muddy – no flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we plant rain or shine!
- Bring gardening gloves if you have them, but we have some to lend if you don’t.
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling or taking the bus to the event.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to fill your reusable bottle.
- We will arrange for some snacks, and lunch if you stay for the whole day.
We will meet at the Courtenay Airpark, please refer to the red star on the map. Parking is in the lot off of Mansfield Drive. Walk down the trail past the Rotary Skypark – we will be planting just before the lagoon outlet bridge.
Please contact Jennifer Sutherst at: email@example.com or 250-703-2871.