To Sign Up Click Here – Planting Extended – Volunteers needed Moday!
It is time for phase two of the salt marsh planting project that got started in the spring. We are happy to report that the spring effort was a huge success – we finished two days ahead of schedule! Thanks to all our great volunteers for your time and energy.
We will be planting at the south end of the Courtenay Airpark right after the Victoria Day long weekend – May 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th. We have over 4,000 individual nursery plants that need to be transplanted and if time allows we will gather and plant more donor stock as well. Planting is a fun outdoor activity for families and individuals, and no experience is necessary – we’ll teach you how to plant on site. So grab your shovels and gloves and come down and join us – the more the merrier!
- Wear sturdy shoes and preferably something that can get muddy – no flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we plant rain or shine!
- Bring gardening gloves if you have them, but we have some to lend if you don’t.
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling or taking the bus to the event.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to fill your reusable bottle.
- Bring a sturdy pointed shovel is you have one, if not we will supply one for you.
- We will arrange for some snacks, and lunch if you stay for the whole day.
We will meet at the Courtenay Airpark, please refer to the red star on the map. Parking is in the lot off of Mansfield Drive. Walk down the trail past the Rotary Skypark – we will be planting just before the lagoon outlet bridge. You can see the gravel islands that we are planting from the bridge if you look towards Denman Island.
Please contact Caila Holbrook at: email@example.com or 250-792-2873.
If for any reason you are having trouble with the form we are sorry for any inconvenience – please email the days and times to firstname.lastname@example.org.