Fish Trap Lesson from SD71
Suggested Grades: ALL
- What is important about the fish traps in the Comox Harbour?
- What can you learn about and from the K’omoks First Nation by studying the fish traps?
- Thinking critically; making meaningful personal connections; inferring from
photographs; connecting and engaging with others to share and develop ideas…
- What is important about the fish traps?
- Lesson 2: Fish Trap Pre-Teaching – developed by School District 71
- Comox Harbour Fish Trap Information – developed by School District 71
- Topic Points – developed by School District 71
Science/Social Studies/Language Arts:
- Processing and analyzing data and information
- Comprehending and connecting
- Working cooperatively to confirm what they have learned
Contact Project Watershed or the Aboriginal Education Department to demonstrate this activity at your class or on a field trip.