SEASONAL CHANGES IN THE COMOX VALLEY
Grade Kindergarten and 1
- What changes can you see in nature as the seasons change?
- How do rivers, trees and animals change from season to season?
- What do you do differently in different seasons?
- I can describe seasonal changes that happen in the Comox Valley.
I can list activities that are seasonally dependent.
Science/Social Studies/Language Arts:
- Processing and analyzing data and information
- Sequencing events
- You can do this lessons for each season as it comes or for all the seasons at once.
- Brainstorm by drawing pictures what changes happen in each season – identifying if it is a change in nature or with humans e.g. Leaves turning color (Nature), wearing warmer clothes (Human).
- Watch the video(s). Add any new changes that were noticed by the students to your brainstorm.
- In groups of four have each student draw a season, have the group stand up and show/describe their season.
- Have the group figure out where each person should stand in a line so that the seasons are in order.
- When they are in the order they think is right the rest of the class can help by clapping for each season the group has in the right place.