You can easily donate some of your investment shares to Project Watershed and we will receive the cash value to complete our projects. The Coastal Community Private Wealth Group will waive the fees if you donate your shares through them. Otherwise you can use Canada Helps. To get a tax receipt for the current year you need to complete the process by mid December.
Coastal Community Process
To initiate the transfer of shares to us through the Coastal Community Private Wealth Group please contact Matt Beckett. Matt will have all the forms you need to complete the process. For your information, we have listed the forms and information you will need for this process below.
Contact: Matthew Beckett
1045 Ryan Road
Courtenay, BC V9N 3R6
- Power of Attorney – Irrevocable
- Third-Party Deposit Letter of Indemnity – under reason the holder must state the charitable donation
- Transfer of Securities Form
- Signature Verification Form
- Copy of ID
Please note: Project Watershed will issue the tax receipt for your donation.
Donate Securities Through Canada Helps
Canada Helps Process
1. Type in Comox Valley Project Watershed Society besides the search button and click “Search” then click the maroon “Add Charity” button in the pop up. Click the “Continue” button once Comox Valley Project Watershed Society is listed under Charity Name.
2. Answer a few basic questions on the next page regarding the securities you’d like to donate and how to contact your financial advisor and investment firm.
3.Complete the provided Letter of Direction form and send it to your financial advisor or investment firm. This authorizes your advisor to transfer the shares to CanadaHelps.
Please note: Canada Helps will issue you the tax receipt not Project Watershed.