CLOSED – Office Administrator Position
CLOSED – We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Project Watershed is a charitable non-profit society that has been operating in the Comox Valley since 1993. Our mission is to promote stewardship of Comox Valley watersheds through education, information and action.
We are looking to hire an Office Administrator. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to support volunteer management, bookkeeping and office accounting. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will work both remotely and from the office, as mutually agreed. The position is for 35 hours/week with a pay range from $25-30/hour, based on qualifications and experience. Ideal start date is the week of March 7th, 2022 or soon after.
As a public-facing member of our team, the ideal candidate will be a passionate team player looking to collaborate with our staff to help support watershed and sensitive ecosystem stewardship throughout the Comox Valley. We’re looking for someone who is a motivated self-starter, highly organized and detail oriented. We’d love to find someone who sees the value in our mission and who embodies the values of our organization.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure the office is operating smoothly
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Respond to email and online inquiries and direct as needed
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Volunteer management including managing volunteer engagement and communications, databases, recruitment, and orientation
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, writing minutes and reporting
- Supporting the Executive Director in engagement with the Board of Directors, managing Board request and needs
- Support activities related to donor management, issue tax receipts, and donor acknowledgments
- Bookkeeping and payroll management, and some financial data analysis. Collaborates with Treasurer as needed
- Post updates to our website and social media platforms
- As time permits, work enthusiastically in teamwork with project/scientific staff to support delivery of restoration and education events and projects
- Comfortable and fluent in the Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Microsoft 365 an asset
- Experience working with Sage or other financial management software
- Diploma or certification in Business Administration, or equivalent experience. A keen interest in learning and grow is an asset.
- Community engagement and communications experience an asset
- Background understanding of local environmental issues
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software an asset
- Familiarity working in partnership/collaboration with Indigenous communities and other government agencies
- Experience posting to websites and social media platforms an asset