Project Watershed is Hiring an Operations Manager
The Comox Valley Project Watershed Society is an action-oriented environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is to promote community stewardship of Comox Valley watersheds through education, information, and action. We work to protect and restore the watersheds, estuaries, and nearshore ecosystems within the Comox Valley of Vancouver Island and beyond.
While the output of Project Watershed’s work is the protection and restoration of our local watersheds and associated sensitive habitats, the process by which we carry out our objective is also of prime importance. By involving our community in stewardship, training and skill building, we hope to foster an enduring relationship between citizens and their watersheds to empower them as stewards of their local landscapes.
The operations manager will support Project Watershed core organizational functions like managing staff and human resources, managing operational goals and deliverables, and increasing the organization’s quality, efficiency, and productivity. This position will be part-time (3-4 days a week) with an hourly average of ~24hrs a week. The pay range for this position is 40-45/hr.
- Manage staff and teams to carry out organizational goals
- Work with Executive Director to ensure PW’s work is carried out effectively and collaboratively with board and staff
- Respond to needs of board and staff
- Collaborate with businesses to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- Coordinate long-term planning, such as strategic planning
- Develop essential planning strategies and decisions, such as reviewing standard policies and procedures and developing new ones based on needs
- Support information flow and management, management reporting, organizational planning, and business process
- Organize budgets, auditing, and maintain financial records
- Improve processes, policies, and operational systems to support the organization’s goals and mission
- Hire, supervise, and train employees
- Manage staff performance, carry out performance reviews and implement improvement plans as required
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment regulations and federal and provincial policies
- Maintain necessary reporting and compliance to maintain charitable society status
- Support the implementation of new diversity, equity and inclusion policies, along with training for board and staff
- 3-5 years of experience in non-profit management
- At least 2 years of experience working in organizational/operations management
- At least 2 years of experience working in HR or HR-related position
- Experience working in office management
- Experience in financial management and financial reporting
- An undergraduate degree in business management, business administration, or related field, an asset
- Experience managing staff and staff performance
- Experience in health and safety policy development, an asset
- An interest or educational background in environmental conservation an asset
- Experience working with volunteers or community, an asset
Join Project Watershed
If you are interested in applying please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position is open until filled, with anticipated start date as soon as possible.
Please note that only those candidates who are invited for interviews will be contacted.