Project Watershed is inviting you to join us in inspiring the Comox Valley to experience the estuary by submitting a piece of your work in our 6th annual Keeping it Living Art competition and silent auction.
Keeping it Living is an art and literature awareness and fundraising campaign to give everyone the opportunity to contribute to the preservation and restoration of the K’ómoks Estuary.
Keeping it Living
Art for the Estuary
Then, Now and Future
The year’s title “Then, Now and Future” is to inspire the artist to capture their version of the past, present and future of the estuary…or all three! And as in every year the theme encompasses “all things estuary”, and is wide open to the whole ecosystem which extends into the Georgia Strait. Nationally renowned First Nations artist Andy Everson will be creating a unique image for this years’ campaign. Join Andy in the creation of art inspired by our one of kind estuary.
All types of art including (but not limited to) painting, sculpture, jewelry, pottery, photography and glass are encouraged.
Art is displayed as follows:
- Artwork image submitted online as JPEG using the form found at www.keepingitliving.ca or by clicking here.
- Artwork must be submitted with entry fee ($20) and form (2 pieces can be submitted for this fee)
- All mediums accepted; must be your own original work
- Creative writing pieces are free to enter; max 200 words
- All 2D artwork must be framed and/or ready to hang
- All entries must be for sale, proceeds split 50/50 between Artist and Project Watershed
- Submission deadline is Tuesday, March 31st, 2015